I would have read Peter Blake's idea's on wiki's but unfortunately the web page was unavailable.
I found the book reviews interesting but I did not learn much about how a wiki works from this page.
http://booklovers.pbwiki.com/Princeton%20Public%20Library
So off I went to a simpler example... http://meredith.wolfwater.com/cil06/
'A Beginners look'
'A wiki allows a group of people to collaboratively develop a Web site with no knowledge of HTML or other markup languages. Anyone can add to or edit content.'
O.K. what's so good about that?
So I can create or join a wiki. The wiki can be any subject of interest. I am able to give or add my opinion (right or wrong), and add factual information (right or wrong) to a wiki, ummm...
Could be useful for opinions, such as book reviews. But if you are after accuracy, wiki's may not be the answer.
These are some idea's I read about that made wiki's a useful internet tool.
Conference planning
Collaborative editing of documents
Meetings (posting agendas, discussion prior to meeting, etc.)
Project space
In place of structured courseware
Presentation medium
Web-based notebook to organize your thoughts
Thanks to : Meredith Gorran FarkasDistance Learning LibrarianNorwich Universitymfarkas at norwich dot eduAIM: librarianmer
Remember to protect your wiki from spam!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment